Tenant, landlord dispute over toxic mold

Toxic mold has consumed April Lynn’s life. Problems began in 2008 when she and her family moved into a modest rental unit. Shortly after Lynn developed laryngitis, followed by pneumonia and an upper respiratory infection, while her son began having recurring nose bleeds. “I know more about mold now than I ever wanted to. It’s […]

Missouri city hall building has mold problems

Neosho City Hall is undergoing toxic mold remediation. Air quality surveys conducted after roof repairs showed high levels of mold spores throughout the building. Water seaped in from the roof, flowed down onto ceiling tiles, insulation, wallboard and even the carpeting. To make matters worse, the building’s return air system caused mold spores […]

Toxic mold consumes Missouri fire station

Toxic mold has been found in the Osage Beach fire station. An engineer was observing the building for renovation plans when the mold was found, covering the insulation hidden behind the drywall. The firefighters moved out immediately into a volunteer house. Now the decision has to be made whether to remodel or tear down and […]

Toxic mold forces Missouri post office to close

A Missouri post office is shutting down because of toxic mold. A facility specialist for the Postal Service inspected the Rombauer post office last month and determined it was unsafe for employees and customers. Resident Bonnie Chaffin says a rotten odor could be detected upon entering the building, and that many buildings in the small […]